Dear Love, Here's my Resignation❤



After years of heartbreaks and lessons learnt the hard way, I have made my decision to finally give up on love. 
As a small girl, I often played with dolls, dressed them up as brides and placed them next to other dolls pairing them up and clapping my hands in joy. 
Time flew and how! The winds of time soon engulfed my heart in a chaos of changes in this world - a world where being emotional, vulnerable and soft-hearted was a weakness not a strength. 
In my few experiences where I had been in love, I remember handwriting letters, taking time to put thoughts into small gifts, and most importantly, taking the effort to trust and express my emotions to another being. 
After a point, I saw my cup empty with all the love I had so generously given away to those who did not value it. It took time for me to heal and fill my cup of wounds back and I don't remember any of those special people even checking on me once. They moved on like a whiff of perfume to other gorgeous, beautiful, deserving people. 



I used to believe that faith in love brings love into life. But I was wrong, it only brings new lessons into your life. Lessons that ultimately boil down to one bottomline:
"Never expect anything from anyone, come what may" 
Sometimes, I open Quora, a question-answer website, to seek answers and the responses 
I read are filled with words like 'hookups, one night stands, sex, friends with benefits' and the likes of Gen Z. 
I feel like a fool searching for handwritten, old-school love in this generation of 'sealed-sex', a term that popped up on my Quora answers. It means sex without emotions. The latest norm that is quite normalized now, is that people who are okay with casual encounters are usually the ones who end up with successful marriages. The ones who draw lines and are reluctant, end up being by themselves. 
The dilemma of finding love in this decade is a moral dilemma. Are we willing to let go of our
deep-rooted core values to find love? Is it normal to expect someone to value a long hug over fiery sex? Is it normal to expect someone to just be present for us to discuss the nothings of our lives? 
Well, the truth is, these are the toughest basics to find in a person at this point of time.
From what I have gone through, I feel only a miracle can help find someone who longs to see you, who wishes to meet you just for a warm hug, and someone who would walk up to YOU, in a crowd of ten hot dating profiles, and choose YOU for life. ❤
For now, this miracle seems impossible to me. 
So here is my resignation, dear Love ❤
Dear Cupid, screw you and may you be born as a human next life. 
Yours truly, 
Snehal Shrivastava
❤🧿🌠




Comments

Popular Posts