A Rose is a Rose...

As I sip on a sunset, two days after another solo Valentine's Day, I have a million thoughts pouring into the cup of my mind. 
This year, Valentine's Day felt different. This year too, I had not managed to find love. Cupid had forgotten me this year as well. It was only a bunch of frogs that had hailed on me, only to make me feel drained out of all my love. But how was this year's Valentine's different for me, you may ask. Well, most Valentine's days I waited for a rose to come my way. But this year, I tried buying a few for myself. Believe me, it felt refreshing to buy myself these red beauties that symbolize love. 

I am not going to begin a moral science lecture about loving ourselves. I only want to share that this year, I realized I was always full of love. And that my love was only meant to be shared. And if in case, there was no one to share it with, there is always self. 
If you ask me what my perfect Valentine's Day would look like, here's how I would draw it out. 
A simple Aglio Olio Spaghetti cooked with love and paired with my favorite romantic film. A no drama time with nothing but love pouring into the glass of time. 
As I was growing up, I always imagined love to be easy to find. Easy to be in. Easy to express. But now I realize, love is harder than I thought it would be. Love is a truck load of hard work and persistence. Most importantly, love requires one of the key ingredients of belief. 
One must believe in love. Come what may. That's when love will find you too. 

As I sit by myself and gather my rosy thoughts, I know that sooner or later, love will find me. I know that, whenever it knocks on my door, I shall welcome it with open arms. A knight in shining armor? Not quite. I would rather imagine a man with the courage to own up to his feelings. A man who would not be afraid to share his emotions and take a stand in this chaotic world. Someone who would make the effort to pull out a simple chair as I sit. That's all that I seek. Chivalry and loyalty. 
Both of which are hard to find in this generation of swipes and fast forwards. 

As the sun sets, I watch the Valentine's roses I bought, wilt in their own graceful way... Two dried roses, lying on my table, in all their beauty... a charming wilt... a rosy goodbye... 
I am going to save them in the pages of my books. I value those who give me peace in my times of turmoil.... these two roses will always be special... 
After all, a rose is a rose... forever... 🌹

- Snehal Shrivastava 🌹

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts