Just Another Girl in the Room

Have you ever been in a room full of people and yet, felt invisible? Like it wouldn't matter if you weren't there? Like your presence or absence would not make a difference to any person in the room? 
As I unfold new realities of my life day by day, I realize I am just another girl in the room. 
Ordinary, average, present but never seen by the people I truly care about. 
I wonder how it feels to be seen, to be valued by people you care about. 
I wonder how it feels to be loved and most importantly, loved back. 
I wonder how it feels when the person you love writes you a handwritten letter with words you love to hear. 
I wonder how it feels to be celebrated on your birthday as if the world was incomplete without you. 
I wonder how it feels to be the person whose name you may never forget. 
I wonder how it feels to be heard, even in your silence, and in your uproar.... 
I wonder how it feels to trust blindly, a person you love
I wonder how it feels to be asked if you reached home safely on a rainy day
I wonder how it feels to be visible in a room full of people as a heartbeat that truly matters

I wonder if you, dear reader, have had the joy of experiencing any of the above.
If you have, consider your life to be a full circle. Value the people who make you feel SEEN in a room full of people. 
Value the people who see you when you feel invisible and ordinary, without anything to give, but love. ❤

I WAS looking for love a while back, when the society grew on me, pressuring me into feeling empty without a partner. But today, I want to give this whole pursuit a twist. I have left it to LOVE, to come and find me. I am NOT going to chase love. 

If it comes, I will welcome it with open arms. 
If it doesn't, I am fine with being just another girl in the room. 

Did you relate to any part of this blog? If yes, share your thoughts in the comments. This ordinary blogger is waiting to hear from you❤🧿
Yours truly, 
Snehal Shrivastava

Comments

  1. Hearty write❤️❤️ keep writing🙌🏼👏🏼👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ❤😊means a lot ❤

      Delete
  2. Very nicely articulated the hard reality of life

    ReplyDelete
  3. ❤❤❤❤😊thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts